Microsoft Windows 95/98 Driver
These instructions assume the reader is familiar with the basic operating procedures of Windows 95 or Windows 98, and the basic concepts of local area network. Before proceeding, Microsoft Windows 95/98 software must be is installed and operating.
To complete installation in a Microsoft Windows 95 host system, the procedure in this section may be used. The standard procedures for installing network adapter drivers apply.
The text in the instructions that follow assume the reader is familiar with the basic operating procedures of Windows 95, and with basic networking concepts. Also assumed is that the Windows 95 software is installed and operating.
1. From the Start button, click on Settings > Control Panel.
2. Double click on "Network" icon and the following property page will be displayed.
3. Now click on "Add..." to bring up the next dialog box. Highlight Adapter and click "Add..."
4. You may choose to install the ZNYX driver or the standard Windows driver.
5. To install the standard Microsoft Windows driver:
Scroll the left window until you see Znyx.
Select Zynx ZX312/314 EtherAction PCI LAN Adapter.
Skip to Step 8 to complete your installation.
6. To install the standard Microsoft Windows driver for ZX340 Series adapters:
Scroll the left window until you see Digital Equipment.
Scroll the right window to show the listings on the bottom of the list. You should see PCI Fast Ethernet DECchip 21140 Based Adapter
Skip to Step 8 to complete your installation
7. To install the ZNYX driver, click "Have Disk..." to bring up the next screen.
8. Indicate which disk drive contains the Windows driver in the drop down box (this may be your diskette drive, A:\) and click "OK."
9. At this screen, make sure your adapter's driver is highlighted and click "OK." The system will copy the driver and other files to the Windows directory on the hard disk and present the next screen.
10. Click the OK button to complete the driver installation.
10. Click the Yes button and the system will shut down and restart. Once Windows system is operating again, the network will be accessible via the ZNYX NetBlaster adapter.
Your PCI bus number can be determined by running your adapter's diagnostic program. See your ZNYX NetBlaster hardware installation documentation for more information.